An upside down dinner party.
Eat Dessert First
- Thai baked banana, banana glaze, fried shallow, red pepper
- Hungarian cherry soup
- Corn crepes, duck confit, bbq sauce
- Bagel bombs (cream cheese, bacon, chives)
- Brisket, cured in kaffir lime, ginger, salt, sugar, pink salt, pickling spice; rubbed in home-made penang curry paste and smoked over oak, then braised in coconut milk, thai peppers, kaffir lime leaves, fennel, sweet corn, red pepper.
- kaffir lime and coconut sorbet
- Nate and Hannah’s delicious berry tart
And through it all, the sommelier’s fascinating wine selections. Splendiferous, even though the beef was over-cured and didn’t need the smoke.