Movies and Marriage
Roger Ebert: "Young people, heed this advice: Never marry someone who doesn't love the movies you love. Sooner or later, that person will not love you."
My year on screen:
- 36 movies* (I'd seen five of these previously)
- Best new movie: Let The Right One In
- Also really good: In The Valley of Elah, In Bruges, Starting Out In The Evening, The Company, Kill Bill 2
- Don’t miss: Two Days In Paris (terrific Julie Delpy), Prairie Home Companion (more seriously Altman that you might expect), Michael Clayton
- Best TV: The Hustle, seasons 1-4; Battlestar Galactica
Notes*: I count a television season as one movie. These days, all my television comes on disc. I'm not making any distinction between new movies, old movies.