- Gimlets with basil-lime sorbet
- Linda’s retro onion dip
- Grill-roasted tenderloin of beef (on sale from Hilltop)
- fresh-picked corn on the cob
- grilled mushrooms
- Carrot salad with Thai flavors
- Homemade strawberry ice cream
- smoked pistachio brittle
I smoked the (unsalted, unroasted, organic) pistachios for 30 minutes over oak, and seasoned them with a generous pinch of smoked salt. This was probably too much smoke, but the result was good.
In the meantime, I also managed another half gallon of dark veal stock from yesterday’s bones. Still need to turn some of this into espangole and then into demi-glace.