Independence Day Grill
Still too early for corn, but not too soon for serious grilling!
- cedar planked salmon (marinated in dill, herbs de Provence, lime, and white wine)
- barbecued baby-back ribs (marinated 150 min in brown sugar, extra cayenne, cloves, garlic, allspice, soy sauce; roasted in foil for 90 minutes; cooled, grilled 30 min over hickory while basting with the boiled marinade)
- red cabbage, onion, peanuts
- deer-tongue lettuce salad
- raspberry fool
- a chilled bottled of Wrongo Dongo (a Spanish red, and very nice too once it had time to breathe)