The good news: three consecutive 12-hour days of Tinderbox coding have yielded some nice results. It's just a test version, but it's got some interesting things to test.
- Adornment actions: you drag a note onto one part of the map and Tinderbox knows "this is urgent" and updates the metadata and triggers agents.
- Agent priorities, so you can write agents that run occasionally but don't slow things down when you're in a rush.
- Ordered quick lists, like this one.
- Drag and drop key attributes and color swatches.
- About 45 other nifty improvements.
All of this is going to be very nice -- and should be in your hands, gentle Tinderboxer, within a month. Maybe sooner. But it's left me exhausted.
When I'm tired, I spend too much on groceries. Tonight we were supposed to have mixed grill, but the flank steak cost more than tenderloin, pound for pound. So I got a whole tenderloin.
- Chicken saté with mango-lime-jalapeno sauce (one of our guests doesn't go near peanuts)
- Hickory grilled beef tenderloin, sauce diane
- Roasted red pepper mashed potatoes
- Salad (go Linda)
- Cheese (St. Andre, Maytag bleu, Grafton cheddar)
- Chocolate truffle crumb cherry cobbler (go Meryl)
Meanwhile, I'm feeling a bit toasty around the edges.