Yep, so far, it really is everything we expected.
- The Saturday morning line wasn't that long, and the people in line were interesting to meet.
- It's small. Smaller than my iPod, smaller than my Treo.
- Typing seems pretty good. I never could remember where some of the punctuation keys were on my Treo; I like the big, bright keyspots.
- Activation through iTunes was brilliant. It means the Apple Store people can be incredibly efficient: maybe 90 seconds per customer. If you work out the cash flows, it's impressive — movie money, except this one should have legs.
- It was easy to keep my cell phone number. I was prepared to switch numbers, but that turned out to be trivial.
- The Web browser seems surprisingly good.