It’s been a support-heavy week as we lead up to the release of Tinderbox 5.7.1 . Today’s amusements have included
- repairing a mysterious broken file for a colleague who is visiting Australia.
- finding ways to automatically extract the first line from a collection of sonnets.
- automatically numbering those sonnets.
- speeding up agents in some large documents . (This weblog is made with Tinderbox, and agents are about an order of magnitude faster. Improvements for smaller documents will be much more modest, but they’re already really fast!).
- fixing a keyboard focus mishap in the Find window.
- discussing hypertext argumentation with a student of Eastern and Western philosophy.
- routing around an ambitious crack for Eastgate products. Someone out there is paying a lot of attention to stealing our work.
- fine-tuning a slate of Google ads.
- updating HTLit.com (which is really good, IMHO)
- planning a book, an elaborate Tinderbox tutorial, and trying to choose among two paper topics for Hypertext 2011.