The Problem: Build a “journal” or “daily notes” facility that will make it easy to record notes about your progress on a project. The general structure might be something like this:
2021 September 1 .. 30 October 1 2 5
Things that would be nice:
- When you make a new daily note, initialize it with some template text, or display some important attributes, to remind you of things you ought to record.
- Don’t require that the note for October 5 be written on October 5; make it easy to write on October 8 if that’s when you have time.
- Don’t leave lots of empty notes lying around with nothing inside (e.g. notes for the future).
- When you add a new note, make sensible assumptions for its name. (For example, if you add the first child to November 2021, it might default to November 1.)
- Use $StartDate and $EndDate sensibly.
- Think about what we might record in the notes for each month, and for each year.
- Format these so they look good in outline view.
- Arrange these usefully in map view.