September 10, 2016


Last month, I asked for help finding a site that could answer the question, “What do normal people call this thing in my front yard that I call Tall Pricklyweed?”

A biologist writes to say that there’s a technical term that biologists use to refer to these plants I dismiss as weeds, and that term is ‘wildflower.’”

And, second, the best place to get help identifying them is iNaturalist.