Web services I want
I am convinced that I've heard several of the Dresden Dolls songs elsewhere. But, as far as I can tell, they're not covers, and they're too new and the band is too obscure for me to have heard them covered. (I don't hear much new music). But surely I've heard The Jeep Song before. And Delilah. And the music of Mandy Goes to Med School sure rings a bell.
Is this an illusion? Deja vu all over again? How would you find out?
American Football is very popular in the US. It’s a very complicated game; every play involves 22 players, and almost every player has a crucial role in every play.
I know there's a lot I'm missing when I watch a game. For example:
- How do you figure our where the linebackers are lining up? Should you figure out where the linebackers are?
- Is it worth trying to keep an eye on blocking schemes? When?
- Is it worth paying attention to backs in motion? When? Why?
- Who plays a lot of Tampa-2? Why do they? How do you tell?
- What are the distinctive philosophies of those organizations that have philosophies? For example, it seems to me that the Bears have been dedicated to the proposition that quarterbacks matter less than people think, and that they've followed this belief from Bobby Douglas to Rex Grossman....
There must be Web sites that carefully dissect games, teams, and schemes. Where are they? (This, incidentally, is one place where hypermedia should easily outshine paper. If the site doesn't exist, it's a slam dunk winner for an intelligent coach who can write a bit.)