An XCode Question
I’ve got an elementary headache with XCode 4.
Suppose I sit down and say, “Get me the files for CeresMapDrawingPolicy!” Back in the old days of XCode 3, this was easy enough:
- Select the project at the top of the group tree
- Type a few letters (case-insensitive!) in the search area
- You’re done
Since Tinderbox involves about 1900 files, it’s important to make this fast and easy,
Currently, I’m doing this with blind typing in the Project Navigator. This is bad because
- You have to keep all groups open all the time, which defeats the utility of groups
- Blind typing is case-sensitive
- Mistakes fail silently
- You need to do a lot of typing because CeresMapDrawingPolicy and CeresMapOutlinePolicy are different files in different places
There’s got to be a much better way to do this. Suggestions? Email me.
Update: That was fast. Matt Hanlon recommends Open Files Quickly (⌘-shift-O ). Helge Gudmundsen recommends Code Pilot.