I'm a little late on this, but it’d be good to record the menu before I forget it entirely.
- salmon rillettes , candied nuts, summer sausage
- watercress soup (duck stock)
- home-made duck sausage with Russian spices, cotija cheese
- home-smoked pastrami on homemade pumpernickel
- grilled whole turkey, whole pumpkins filled with sage custard, cream biscuits
- pecan pie
- caramelized chocolate and cinnamon bread pudding
- red velvet cookies
- lemon sables
I wandered into the weeds early and never quite got out of them. This was especially unfortunate because I’d opted for the turkey because we had a crowd and I wanted something reliable that would require no fuss. As it played out, the turkey started late, we sat down to dinner late, and in the end the turkey ran just a little over.